The Fond du Lac Artists Association sponsors 2 college scholarships each year for senior high school students who are pursuing an art-related career. The students must be U.S. citizens and residents of Fond du Lac County, Lomira or Waupun. They may be attending any High School or be home-schooled. Application forms may be obtained from High School Career Counselors and Art Teachers. Applicants are interviewed by members of the Association. They need to submit the completed application and bring a minimum of three of their original artworks to the interview. To redeem the scholarship funds, they must submit a college entrance fee receipt as proof of enrollment in an art curriculum course. Payment will be made to the college with reimbursement to the Artists Association in the event of withdrawal from the class or school. A scholarship must be redeemed by March 1 of the following year or it is forfeited. Reference budget for dollar amount--usually $500-750 each.
The Association offers its members a scholarship for use in attending a workshop or seminar to encourage and assist members to develop their abilities in the visual arts. Scholarships for any one year may not exceed $500.00 and may be divided among applicants. An application form can be obtained from the President. Criteria for selection are:
1. To be considered for the scholarship the applicant must be a current member of the Fond du Lac Artists Association for a period of not less than 2 consecutive years.
2. The degree of involvement in the activities of the Association will be taken into consideration.
3. The degree of involvement in promoting the visual arts outside the Association within the community will be taken into consideration.
4. A committee of members of the Association will review the scholarship applications. Scholarship applications will be due by February 1. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by March 15.
5. Scholarship funds may be used to pay registration fees/tuition only associated with classes or workshops related to the visual arts. Scholarship funds may be requested in an amount not to exceed $500.00. Scholarship funds are not for covering supplies.
6. Scholarship recipients will be required to present an oral report at a membership meeting on the class or workshop they have attended.
7. Proof of payment must be submitted with the application form.
8. Scholarship funds must be used by the recipient within twelve months of receiving the award.
9. Any member who receives a scholarship one year will not be eligible in the following year.